When you try to seek the best, you try looking out for the best strategies to implement that gets you the best possible result. Same is the case with businesses – they want to try out for the best possible strategy to market their businesses. Some businesses find traditional marketing most suitable for achieving their business goals while some businesses find the digital way as the most suitable one.
So, which one is better to execute and which marketing strategy can give you the best possible results? The answer to this is very short and simple – some businesses require just the traditional marketing efforts; some just require digital efforts and most require a combination of both the kinds of marketing techniques. Let’s first understand the meaning of both the terms and then dive deeper into the topic.
What is Traditional Marketing?
Traditional marketing is a term that is mostly used for the marketing styles that are time tested and have been implemented for several years by a number of organizations along with being proved the best strategy at the time. These are mostly all offline marketing strategies that helped companies reach a large number of their target audiences. The marketing tactics that are explored here are Direct marketing, banners, posters, leaflets, newspaper advertisement, word of mouth publicity, television ads and many more.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a form of marketing where digital platforms are utilized to organically and inorganically reach out to the firm’s target audiences. It is just a branch of marketing that explores a lot of areas these days that can help the firms reach its target audiences easily and instantaneously. This marketing style has seen immense growth in the previous two decades as people are getting more inclined towards looking for and trusting such spaces. The digital marketing tactics include website marketing, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, social media marketing and many more.
Traditional Marketing Vs Digital Marketing – Which is Better?
So, digital marketing or traditional marketing, which is better? As per us, a combination of both helps a business get the best possible results in terms of ROI for their marketing campaigns. But again, there are conditions applied. These conditions are the following:
· Every industry and business is different. Hence, it is upon the business to decide what combination of both the techniques must be applied. While some businesses require more of traditional marketing techniques and less of digital marketing, some might need opposite of it and some may require a 50-50 combination
· Few industries don’t require any kind of digital marketing efforts as they are completely offline based and the product’s availability as well as requirement is for that particular locality only. (There are very few businesses of such kind currently)
· Few industries require only digital marketing efforts as their presence is only on the digital front. (Many businesses have started with only digital approach but they also look for a very few non-costs traditional marketing approach like word of mouth publicity, referrals, and such efforts)
· The technique you select also depends on the kind of brand image you want to build in the minds of your customers.
· And the most important thing you must look for while selecting a marketing technique is where are your target customers looking out for your kind of products or services. If your customers are researching on digital platforms for the kind of products you provide but you are focusing more on the traditional marketing tactics then you may not reap enough benefits of your campaign.
There are businesses that do not use any kind of marketing efforts for they believe that they have developed a customer base and do not require marketing efforts for attracting new customers or do work completely on good word of mouth publicity.
That’s not the world is going as there is a major increase of trust flow through marketing efforts and now every business must be visible (more on online front along with offline visibility) to their current as well as prospective customers to be found and build a brand out of it.
The point is that every business should initiate and maintain marketing efforts to be available for their current customers as well as build a new customer base. The marketing technique you apply must depend on the kind of industry your business is present, the type of business you own, the image you want to build in the minds of your customers and the spaces where your customer base is available. Though a combination of both the marketing techniques works for most businesses, it is on your own disposable to find out the optimal combination of both the marketing tactics for achieving your business goals.
Let me know in the comments section as to which marketing efforts suited your business the best. Also, if you haven’t gone digital yet and wish to do so, we can give you the best possible ways to do so.