Disney’s animated feature film Dolores Madrigal Encanto, scheduled for release in 2021, has Dolores Madrigal as a supporting character. The older sister of Camilo and Antonio, as well as the only child and oldest daughter of Pepa and Félix Madrigal. She was given the ability to hear better and was described as Isabela’s shadow.
Insights About Dolores Madrigal
Dolores madrigal, is the eldest child of Félix and Pepa and the elder sister of Camilo and Antonio. She was born into the Madrigal family. Dolores is the cousin of Isabela, Luisa, and Mirabel, in addition to being the niece of Julieta, Bruno, and Agustin.
Dolores spent the first few years of her childhood in the nursery with her cousins Luisa, who is two years younger than her, and Isabela, who is only a few weeks older. Dolores reportedly had a vision from her uncle when Bruno was still living with them, telling her that the “guy of her dreams” would be out of her grasp since he would be engaged to someone else. This vision caused Dolores a deep worry that would follow her throughout the years.
Dolores was created to mirror “family archetypes that are instantly relatable,” just like the rest of the Madrigal family. Dolores initially intended to have the ability to treat patients with food, but due to Julieta’s maternal nature, this skill was transferred to her.
The challenge of creating Disney characters Dolores Madrigal appearance was one of the biggest. Her flowy top and red-hued skirt, inspired by the Cumbrian garment, show off Félix’s Caribbean ancestry, while the studio concentrated mainly on straightening Dolores’s hair during the production process.
Also Read: About Melanie Martinez
While not completely emotionless, Dolores Madrigal face is the minor emotional member of the family. Contrary to her boisterous younger brother Camilo and their enthusiastic parents, Dolores speaks or sings at a whisper volume and would instead blend in than be the center of attention. Dolores also seems to appreciate lending a hand, particularly to her loved ones. She occasionally uses her improved hearing when someone asks her a question or wants her to look anything up.
- According to Jared Bush, Dolores’s room has some soundproofing, even though it is never shown in the movie.
- When writing the line “betrothed to another” in “We don’t talk about Bruno” to give Dolores some Eponine antithesis energy, Lin-Manuel Miranda came up with the idea for Dolores’ crush on Mariano.
- To Lin-Manuel Miranda’s astonishment, Adassa, who plays Dolores, successfully recorded her verse for “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” in one take and then did more takes for fun.
- Dolores only clapped with her index fingers during Antonio’s gift-giving ceremony because she was probably covering her ears during the applause. After all, her clapping was too loud.
- She makes noises that are similar to the way Colombians used to gossip.
- Dolores’ name translates to “lady of sorrows,” one of the many names the Virgin Mary has been given.
- The only females in the family with names that don’t end in “a” are Dolores and Mirabel.
- When Abuela Alma questioned Dolores about the proposal date, Jared Bush acknowledged that she had made it all up to prank Isabela and was lying about hearing Mariano say he wants five children.
Also Read: About Maggie Lindemann
Her Love Life
Dolores listened to Mariano Guzmán and discovered more and more things about him, eventually developing feelings for him. Dolores finally confesses to him her genuine emotions for him when the Casita is destroyed with Mirabel’s assistance, and to Mirabel and Isabela’s delight, he reciprocates. Unlike the rest of her family and the residents of Encanto, Dolores admits that she was aware that Bruno was still residing in the Casita since she could hear him every day.
How Old is Dolores Madrigal?
Dolores Madrigal age, is 21 years as shown in the Disney Movie
When is Dolores Madrigal’s Birthday?
Dolores’ birthday is on August 31st. This means that her star sign is Virgo.