The best means to create, edit, and record audio files is executed with the usage of an electronic device, namely DAW (Digital audio workspace). We can easily mix a large number of recordings using the broad range of configurations and central interface. DAW (Digital audio workspace) is an unavoidable thing in complex recordings. The most commonly used commercial DAWS are Studio One and FL Studio.
There are wide varieties of DAWS Other than FL Studio and studio one. They are Ableton Live, Cakewalk, Digital Performer, Mixcraft, Tracktion. Before analyzing whether studio one or FL studio is the best DAW, we have to assess their unique features, significance, and distinguishing factors. You have to examine which is the best DAW in the market after the thorough analysis and inspection of both DAWS. This article helps you in evaluating the pros and cons of these DAWS.
About Studio One DAW
Studio one is considered as one of the nicest DAWs in the market. The remarkable pro version of DAW provides a 64-bit engine with a wide variety of editing tools and options. The PreSonus’s Studio One DAW has advanced tools for generating, producing, and mixing sounds. We can easily get these features from Studio One. We can utilize the drag and drop interface in-studio 4. It makes the studio one packed with more advanced features.
- Harmonic Editing feature
- Drum Editor
- The Patterns are great as well
- Hectic when used along with the one-window interface
- Tough to tie notes in Pattern
Studio One DAW Specifications
There are numerous features that make the studio one more comfortable to use. These features improve the usage of studio one and it is considered to be useful among many DAWS. Studio one has a better range than that of other DAWS. Studio one is categorized as a flow-oriented DAW. This feature greatly helps in the experimentation of several musical productions. The device is best suited for creative people. The key features of studio one is as follows
- Chord Track
- Easy progression and harmonic editing are possible with this Studio one chord track
- Contains one chord or 2 chord progressions
- If you make a MIDI Chord progression, then you can employ this chord track for a long time.
- Pattern Mode – This mode enables you to program beats in a TR cycling style. This mode is beneficial in adjusting the repetition on each step
- Pattern mode is used for melodies (one of the 7 elements of music) as well as beats
- Mix Window – It helps in mixing the beats
- Studio One is very unique
- Inserts can be added at the top of the track very conveniently. This is made possible with the + button.
- It’s suitable for rough mixing or temporary mixing
Along with the pros, there are also cons while using studio one. It’s hectic to use this feature in one window interface.
About FL Studio DAW
It is considered as one of the commonly used DAWs by music lovers. It’s charming to experiment with FL studio. The tremendous features help to create beautiful compositions. You can easily edit, arrange, and record music using this workstation. Drum sequencing can be done in a great way using this FL studio.
- Used mostly by business persons or musicians
- Easily gets an unlimited free trial
- The sound quality is amazing
- Comfortable to use
- This DAW doesn’t have phone support
- It can’t support AU plugins
- FL Studio works better on Windows
- No MAC OS version of the FL Studio is published
FL Studio DAW Specifications
A revolutionary change happened in electronic music production with the arrival of this FL studio specifications. You can effortlessly get 3 amazing editions with superb features and appropriate plugins. A lifetime update facility is also available in this version. It’s very easy and comfortable to use this DAW. Even the beginner can easily work with their limited knowledge. You can easily make the desired tune and beats using the sound library of FL. It has some best features compared to studio one.
- Ease of Use
- We can easily create notes and beats using this FL studio
- Sounds of instruments are divided into different channels
- Easily get whatever you want in a single package
- Upgrading option is available
- Sound Library
- Can Easily download additional sounds from the FL studio store
- Suitable for drummers as it can do drum sequencing
Plugins and Effects
- The FL Studio DAW can be combined with all VST plugins (Check Out Some best 808 VST plugins)
- We can effectively use synthesizers, modulators, and effect plugins in this DAW
- Effect tools and plugins can be bought from the FL Studio store
- Offers a YouTube channel that consists video tutorials, frequently asked questions, and a user forum
- Helps in solving troubleshooting problems
- Doesn’t have a phone support function
Conclusion (Studio One Vs FL Studio)
While we go for comparing FL Studio Vs Studio One, FL Studio is much better than studio one as it has the best features packed in them. In the case of an audio facility, studio one 4 has more prominence. You have to choose according to your requirements and budget. But it’s comfortable to use studio one as it can support both windows and apple systems.
For Hip-Hop and EDM production, you can depend on this FL studio. When we conduct a comparison of FL studio versions with that of studio one, we arrive at a conclusion that both of them have the nicest features. There needs to have rigid loops for studio one to work. We can use studio one for training also.